Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Candy!


Friday we spent the day making Christmas candy. YUM! We made hard candy(cinnamon, root beer and watermelon), divinity, fudge and peanut butter fudge(my favorite!!). I was so excited that they ALL turned out great! I made the fudge from the recipe on the back of the marshmallow cream jar but used chips(chocolate and peanut butter) instead of baking chocolate. I burned my finger a few times while making the hard candy but what is one little blister, no pain no gain, right?! I was planning on using the day as a home-ec type class with lots of participation from the kids but then when I realized that we were gonna just have pots of boiling 300* sugar and syrup I had to seriously limit their participation. They still did get to help with the best part....
LICKING THE SPOONS!!!

AND CLEANING THE JARS!!!

RESULTING IN MESSY FACES!!
We are planning on doing some baking before Christmas so they will get to help out more.

No comments:

 
Site Meter