Thursday, August 28, 2008

MY FIRST BLOG!!!!!

I am so excited!!! I love to read other blogs! I decided to look into what it takes to have a blog and found out how easy it is to set one up. I think I have a lot to say and am sure most everyone can benifit from hearing my thoughts (ok, so maybe that is not true but I like to believe people want to know what I think). To start off I will introduce myself....My name is Charlynne and I have been married to Monty for almost 11 years. We have a 10 year old son ,Kenyon, a 6 year old daughter, Keslee, and a 5 year old daughter, Kalysa. I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was in the 8th grade. I knew the basic do's and don'ts of the Bible but unfortunatly was not properly discipled. I grew up believing the feminist lies of my generation that a woman could have it all! I went to college and set God aside to do my own thing. I tried that for way too many years until it finally clicked that MY WAY DOESN'T WORK!! About 3 years ago I went to a revival at my mom's church and GOT REVIVED! The Lord has been opening my eyes to his truths more and more ever since. One of the most life changing truths (so far) I found is that just because I am a woman does not mean I can have it all. You can not "balance" career and family. One or the other always suffers!! I saw how bad my husband and my children had been suffering because I "was an independant women" and, even though I did not have a fancy career, I was gonna work to "do my part." I realized I had not been doing my part, the part that God made for me. I talked to my husband about being a stay at home mom and he liked the idea but was concerned about if I would really like it because I was so independant(and did I mention a control freak as well?!?) I assured him that I was sure God's plan for a wife and mother would work better than what we had been doing so we decided that we would try to get out of debt so "in a few years" I could come home. Things started changing at work and within a few months I found out that the department I was working in was being done away with. I had the option to move to another department with horrible hours that would in NO way work for our family so with a little more discussion we decided to take a leap of faith and I quit(God's timing is always right no matter how much planning we have done)!! Five months later(7/07/07) Monty accepted Jesus Christ! A month after that we started bringing our children back to where they belong-HOME! I started homeschooling my son in the 4th grade. I sent Keslee and Kalysa to public school for k and pre-k so that Kenyon and I could really figure out the whole homeschool thing and also work on our mother/son relationship with lots of together time(I saw how much I had lost with him and it still pains me the think of the waisted years.) Kenyon and I came a long way last year and this year we have brought everyone back to where they belong! We are in our 3rd week of homeschooling 5th grade, Kindergarten, and 1st grade. I have also brought my little sister, Jacinta(who is 1 year older than Kenyon), in and she is homeschooling with us using the same curriculum Kenyon is(MY FATHER'S WORLD-so far we LOVE it!!) I can tell you without a moments hesitation that GOD'S PLAN WORKS!!! It has not all been easy and there are lots of adjustments to make when you loose almost half of you income but I would have to say that my marriage and my children are SOOOO worth it!!

No comments:

 
Site Meter