Friday, February 27, 2009
2. What makes Mom happy?being good
3. What makes Mom sad?not being good
4. How does your Mom make you laugh?being weird
5. What was your Mom like as a child?crazy
6. How old is your Mom? 36
7. How tall is your Mom????taller than Kalysa
8. What is her favorite thing to do?be crazy
9. What does your Mom do when you're not around????I don't know
10. If your Mom becomes famous, what will it be for????I don't know
11. What is your Mom really good at?being weird
12. What is your Mom not very good at?not being weird
13. What does your Mom do for a job?paper rout
14.What is your Mom's favorite food?pizza
15.What makes you proud of your Mom????I can't think of anything
16. If your Mom were a cartoon character, who would she be????I don't know All the cartoon characters so I don't know which one you would be.
17. What do you and your Mom do together????school
18. How are you and your Mom the same????we're not!
19. How are you and your Mom different?she is weird and i am awesome
20. How do you know your Mom loves you????I just know
21. What does your Mom like most about your dad????I don't know! I'm not daddy or you
22. Where is your Mom's favorite place to go????I don't know, I don't have your brain.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
2. What makes Mom happy?WHEN WE CLEAN THE WHOLE HOUSE
3. What makes Mom sad?NOT DOING IT
4. How does your Mom make you laugh?TICKLE ME
5. What was your Mom like as a child?TRYING TO GROW UP
6. How old is your Mom? 36
7. How tall is your Mom????I DONT KNOW
8. What is her favorite thing to do?DRIVING
9. What does your Mom do when you're not around????WATCH TV
10. If your Mom becomes famous, what will it be for????TAKING HER KIDS TO THE DOCTOR
11. What is your Mom really good at?READING
12. What is your Mom not very good at?DOING HOMESCHOOL WITH KESLEE
13. What does your Mom do for a job?WORK AT TACO BELL
14.What is your Mom's favorite food?pizza
15.What makes you proud of your Mom????SHE'S HAPPY
16. If your Mom were a cartoon character, who would she be????FAMOUS
17. What do you and your Mom do together????GO TO MCDONALDS
18. How are you and your Mom the same????NO...NO...WE'RE NOT
19. How are you and your Mom different? OUR HAIR
20. How do you know your Mom loves you????WE LISTEN WHEN SHE TELLS US
21. What does your Mom like most about your dad????KISSING
22. Where is your Mom's favorite place to go????THE STORE
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
1. What is something Mom always says to you? clean up your room
2. What makes Mom happy?when I clean my room
3. What makes Mom sad?when I hit Kenyon
4. How does your Mom make you laugh?doing crazy things
5. What was your Mom like as a child?funny
6. How old is your Mom? 35? 37? wait I think I know-22-I mean 2,1!
7. How tall is your Mom????100 I mean 1 uhhhh 99 feet
8. What is her favorite thing to do?go on a date with daddy
9. What does your Mom do when you're not around????go to the bathroom alot
10. If your Mom becomes famous, what will it be for????autographs
11. What is your Mom really good at?spanking us
12. What is your Mom not very good at?doin school
13. What does your Mom do for a job?protect us
14.What is your Mom's favorite food?pizza
15.What makes you proud of your Mom???she gets us ice cream
16. If your Mom were a cartoon character, who would she be????daphne from scooby doo
17. What do you and your Mom do together????go bowling
18. How are you and your Mom the same????we both have brown hair
19. How are you and your Mom different?she has glasses
20. How do you know your Mom loves you????kissing us alot
21. What does your Mom like most about your dad????loving him
22. Where is your Mom's favorite place to go????city pool
IN MY DEFENCE....
Ok, so I have to leave a note about #12. Keslee's reading is naturally getting harder and she is not real happy about that. We were in the middle of school and she was not wanting to do her reading and she was crying because there are big words in today's lesson and we stopped to take a time out and do this survey. Kalysa's answers will be posted tomorrow so just remember-she took her survey right after Keslee did. and before you ask-NO, I did not spank her for having a rough day with school even though she thinks I am so good at it.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Now the preachin was AWESOME and we learned tons about how God intended things to be and I would not have wanted to miss a second of the time we got to spend learning from the Word of God but I do have to admit that we had TONS of fun with the other couples from our church outside of the preachin. We had 5 couples ride together on the church bus and we played cards and LAUGHED so much.
This is at the restaurant that we had dinner in on Friday. You sit in the seat, put your quarter in and the lights flash all around your head until it measures your Passion Level so on a Couple's weekend you know we had to try it out!! Oh yeah, did I mention that the seat VIBRATES VIOLENTLY throughout the entire process??!! Well Mrs. Aldrich did not know that either and since she was the first one to try it, she was in for a big surprise. It was sooooo funny to see the expression on her face as she giggled with surprise waiting on her results, which by the way ended up to be "the teaser".
The sweetest couple that got to go with us-Jayson and Deborah(well Deborah is totally sweet anyway! Jayson is just a complete goofball!) Sometimes I feel bad for people like Deborah and Monty because they are so sweet and quiet and somehow they ended up with people like Jayson and me. Jayson has yet to(and I doubt ever will) let anyone forget that I am uncontrollable but I shudder to think of what may have come up had he got on that chair!? I can not remember a time that I have laughed as much in one day as we did on that bus and it was in a large part thanks to Jayson! He makes great shadow puppets too!
Robert and Annette did not ride the bus with us. They drove themselves and made a whole weekend out of it.
Then there was Brother and Mrs Aldrich. He is the preacher that started our church 26 years ago. When he retired last year our church called his son-in-law, Brother Lowrie, to be our new preacher. In case anyone has not heard(because she let EVERYONE know), Mrs. Aldrich gets skipped more than anyone else in the game phase 10 boohoohoohoo. She was skipped 10 times(8 by Jayson) in one game and we did not even get to finish the game because it got too dark.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Of course when a boy gets to have a date with dad he is sure to get things that mom would probably never spend the money on. When Monty and Kenyon came home Saturday from the monster truck rally, Kenyon was very excited to show us his new toys. He got a small monster truck that has the little pull cord thingie that revs up the tires and makes the truck go flying across the floor-on 2 wheels if you pull it hard enough. Now that one mama may have given in to. It is the other one I would have never gotten, the digger disc. This is a frisbee type disc that you spin and throw and it flies better than any frisbee ever though about flyin. Now I am not saying that the thing is not cool and I KNOW any boy would love to have it and it is no surprise daddy got it. The reason I would have said "NO" is because I have been the mama of a boy for 10-almost 11-years now and I know exactly what will happen to a toy as cool and aerodynamic as the digger disc....
You guessed it!!! About 5 minutes after he was home, Kenyon was climbing the tree in our front yard trying to retrieve his beloved digger disc. Luckily it was not too high up and he was able to climb up and shake the poor thing loose. It was probably a whole 10 minutes after that he came in with tears in his eyes to say it was now in Mrs. Barbara's tree across the street(which if you look real close you can see in the picture above). Well this time there was no way to climb up and get it because it was a good 30 feet in the air on some branches that are lucky to hold the squirrels that frequent our neighborhood. So what is a boy to do when his FAVORITE toy that he has owned for a whole hour(counting the drive home from the city) is now stuck 30 feet up in a tree......
....OF COURSE!! Start duck taping as many long sticks as you can find all together and try to make one 30 foot long pole to reach up and retrieve that precious disc!!
and if that is still not long enough-add a water noodle from the garage to add another 5 feet or so. Now if that still does not work and your disc has to spend the night all alone in that tree-after church talk your daddy into getting the 20 foot extension ladder out of the garage and THEN use the duck taped concoction to reach that disc. Now that is a photo I wish I would have gotten but I had already laid down for a nap with no knowledge of what was transpiring outside. Well daddy saved the day and Kenyon was able to take his digger disc to church that night and he got to show all the other kids just how awesome it will fly.....It took off... and that disc flew.... straight up....up and landed right on the roof of the church! Luckily it was not too far from the edge and the preacher's son was able to find a long piece of wood that would reach it so it did not have to be left there. Yep! That digger disc was rescued from 2 trees and the roof of one church to come back home with the boy that loves it. And now-Monday night-just a mere 2 days after Kenyon and his beloved disc were introduced-that disc is gonna stay right were he can see it....it is sitting safe and sound....on a LIMB IN COLTON'S TREE(neighbor behind us) for the night.
Tomorrow is another day in the life and rescue missions of Kenyon and his Digger Disc!
The second week she decided to go with PURPLE. She was so excited to get to church after she got it on so that she could show Mrs. Connie. Our preacher's wife TOTALLY LOVES purple!!! The picture below is right after we finished our bath in the kitchen sink. It is really a good thing Kalysa is still so tiny(about 36 pounds) so that she still fits in the sink. Sister got to be the first one to sign this one.
That is why I will only place my "HOPE" in Jesus Christ and welcome the "CHANGE" He brings about in my life!!
Qualities of Leadership
Can you imagine working at the following Company? It has a little over 500 employees with the following statistics:
29 have been accused of spousal abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad checks
117 have bankrupted at least two businesses
3 have been arrested for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 are current defendants in lawsuits
84 were stopped for drunk driving
Can you guess which organization this is?
It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group that perpetually cranks out hundreds upon hundreds of new laws designed to keep the rest of us in line.
Assuming that each number represents one person, that is OVER half. Only problem is that many of the congressmen are probably represented in more than one area of this statistical report. And people are putting all their "HOPE" into this crowd to bring about positive "CHANGE" in their lives and in our country?!?! I have always been told not to seek marriage advice from someone that is divorced and don't ask a broke guy questions about saving and spending so why are millions of Americans waiting for these criminals to clean up the corruption and greed and fix our economy and the rest of the world's woes? How can anyone expect good to come from them in their jobs when they can not produce good in their own lives?
Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Well since the boys were gone for the day, us girls had a day to ourselves. We were supposed to be going to my Grandma's house to help her get some things organized(Her husband passed away about 2 weeks ago) but she was out with her sister leaving us to ourselves so we went bowling. I don't know that the girls have ever bowled before-well maybe at a birthday party- but they used the ramp to push the ball down. Well Jacinta is on a league so mom was there watching her go she joined in on our game. Both girls did really well. We did not use the ramp but did have the bumpers up. I think mom and I did pretty good to since I have not bowled in about 5 years. I ended up winning with a whopping 82(thanks in part to the bumpers). Mom came in second with 78(she used the bumpers a few times more than me) then Kalysa with 74 (even with a cast on one leg) and Keslee had 64. It was a lot of fun. Everyone had a good day but next date day I am hoping for my chance to go out with daddy!!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Hi, I was wanting to email you, but I didnt know how, so I thought I'd
leave you a message on your blog. and if your interested in participating you
could put it on the main page so others can see it and participate. I plan to
put it on my blog as well, but its a new blog I just started a week or two ago,
and have very few people who see it, so I would like to get this out to friends
who have blogs that are viewed more who might pass it along.I am involved in a
campaign that I was wondering if you would like to participate in. As many as we
can involve, we are sending empty red envelopes to President Barack Obama--you
can buy them at Kinkos or party supply stores. On the front, address it to:
President Barack Obama The White House 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington, D.C.
On the back write: "This envelope represents one child who died in abortion. It
is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the world.
Responsibility begins with conception." We are mailing them the weekend of
February 28th. We are hoping for 50 million red envelopes, one for every child
who died before having a chance to live. Cathi Smith Salt Lake Christian Center
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
Journalist(I believe it said he was from the wall street journal):"Mr President, What is your reaction to Alex Rodriguez admitting that he had taken steroids when he was with the Texas Rangers?"
IS HE SERIOUS!!!
THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. AND ALL YOU WANT TO KNOW IS HIS REACTION TO ANOTHER PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL PLAYER FINALLY ADMITTING HE USED DRUGS?? WHO GIVES A FLIP WHAT THE PRESIDENT THINKS ABOUT BASEBALL. DO NOT HOLD A NEWS CONFERENCE THAT IS ON EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL AND ASK THE PRESIDENT WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT SOME OVER-PRICED CELEBRITY BALL PLAYER AND THE DRUG HABIT THAT MOST OF AMERICA PROBABLY ALREADY ASSUMED HE HAD ANYWAY EVEN BEFORE HE FESSED UP. As John Stossel would say...GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
just a note-I am sure the entire news conference was not about A-rod but that was the question I heard and I did not stick around to hear the answer. It just disgusted me soooo much. The reason Mr Obama made it to the white house to begin with was in large part due to the journalists asking stupid, nonsense, who cares, it makes no difference in anything and tells us nothing about the man or his policies or his belief kinda questions during the election season.
It just makes me so sad for my country!
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Mom:No. Why don't you go play?
Kenyon: there is nothing to do!
Mom:It is a beautiful day! Go play outside.
Kenyon:There is nothing to do out there.
Mom:Run around-get some exercise.
Kenyon:There is nothing to do!
Mom:Climb a tree. Play a game.
Kenyon:THERE IS NOTHING TO DO EXCEPT ALL THE STUFF YOU THINK OF!(walking off sad with nothing to do.)
So what is a boy to do when there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do except a whole list of fun things his mama thinks of. There is no way you can ever admit your mama may have a good idea and actually DO one of those things! I guess my poor son is resigned to a boring day inside grumbling and sulking around the house with nothing to do on this beautiful 72 and sunny day. My poor poor sad little boy.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Share-Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself! Tag 10 mommies when you're finished.Let's see how much you remember!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? kinda-we had discussed it and were not trying to stop it.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? no-we got married about a month and 1/2 later
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? excited and scared
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NEVER!!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24 when I found out 25 when he was born
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? had definate signs(like throwing up constantly) but took a home test to confirm
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Monty
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? YES
9. DUE DATE? March 30
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? more like all day sickness for about 4 months!!
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Salad-only salad-every salad-I couldn't really eat anything BUT salads.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? The 2nd trimester Monty really bothered me but I got over it. also FOOD(soda, popcorn, chocolate) REALLY irritated me!!
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? boy
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Before I found out it was a boy-I was expecting a girl but after I knew I did not want to change it.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCy?ZERO-scale showed about 10-7 pounds of baby and a few for water and placenta. As soon as I gave birth I weighed 5 pounds less than when I started. In case I did not mention-I PUKED ALL THE TIME AND COULD ONLY EAT SALAD! There was no way I could gain more-which was good cause I sure didn't need to gain!
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? yes
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? i knew
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? on his due date I started to show sign of preclampsia so we induced the next day.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Lakeside renasance(sp) in OKC
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 14
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Monty
22. WHO WAS WITH YOU WHEN YOU GAVE BIRTH? Ended up with and emergency C-section so I was knocked out and no one could be in the O.R. but monty mom aunts uncles grandmas sister brothers were all there(maybe more I don't remember)
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? c-section
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? yes-I blame the epidural for having to have c-section
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 LBS1.5 oz 21 inches long and GORGEOUS!!
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? March 31 9:45 pm
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Kenyon Gregory
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 10 years
Monday, February 2, 2009
Casting Crowns - Slow Fade-From the album The Altar And The Door
Be careful little eyes what you see
It's the second
glance that ties your hands
as darkness pulls the strings
Be careful little feet where you go
For it's the little feet
that are sure to follow
Chorus: It's a slow
when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade
and white have turned to gray
choices are made,
a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in
It's a slow fade, it's a slow fade
Be careful little ears
what you hear
When flattery leads to compromise,
the end is always near
Be careful little lips what you say
For empty words
lead broken hearts astray
The journey from your mind to your hands
Is shorter than
Be careful if you think you stand
You just might be sinking
It's a slow fade
when you give
yourself away I
it's a slow fade
when black and white have turned to gray
choices are made,
a price will be paid
give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
Daddies never crumble in a day
Families never crumble in a day
(sung by child)Oh be
careful little eyes what see
Oh be careful little eyes what you see
the Father up above
is looking down in love
Oh be careful little eyes
what you see