Monday, April 25, 2011

OH! I hope it's true!!!

I sing. I sing all the time. Now don't get the wrong impression. I don't sing GOOD but I am always singing. I love to sing. If I am not singing hymns I will just make up a song about whatever I am doing or something I am telling the kids. I can pretty much turn anything into a song and if makes for a lot of laughs around here.
My son, on the other hand, does NOT sing. He will not sing when I try to get all the kids to sing with me. He rarely will sing along with the hymns at church. He reads the words and maybe hums-as long as nobody hears him- but he will not sing.
Now Kenyon pretends that it drives him crazy but I am convinced that he really does love that I am always singing around the house. I catch him listening. I see him smile his little smile to himself. I notice his little head bob to the beat as I sing. It is really only when he notices me notice him that he has to try to save face and act like his momma drives him crazy.
And that is why I have so much fun with it. One day, as he complained about my constant singing throughout the day he asked "WHY? WHY? WHY?DO YOU ALLLWWWAAAYYYS HAVE TO SING???" To which I replied "well son, it is like this, I just sing because ♪♫♪In my heart there rings a melody, there rings a melody with Heaven's harmony♫♪♫ which sends him into fits of laughter and fake screams of torment.
Saturday was just like any other day only amplified some as we contemplated the fact that our Savior died for us and the ROSE again. I had a lot of fun with my son. It went kinda like this....
Kenyon. Kenyon. Kenyon.
What mom?
♪Are you washed in the blood♫
aaaaawwwww-not again!
Kenyon, Kenyon, Kenyon
no answer-to soon
after a while...Kenyon Kenyon Kenyon
What?
♫♪are your garments spotless are they white as snow♫♪
Which brought just the response I had expected
MOM, YOU ARE ALWAYS SINGING. YOU HAVE CRAMMED SO MANY SONGS IN MY HEAD I WILL NEEEVVVVERRR BE ABLE TO GET THEM OUT!!!
Thank you son! I so hope that is true and if so I have succeeded!! And I would not be the least bit surprised if he just so happens to find a wife someday that spends her days singing away. That's my goal☺

2 comments:

Pretty Pauline said...

We are so the same person! LOL!

char said...

Hehehe! ☺

 
Site Meter