Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oink Oink

The pigs have been flyin and the swine has flew right on into our little world. EVERYBODY at church has been sick. There were only 3 kids in children's church Sunday and they usually have around 20(at least that is what I heard...we weren't there:( ). I am the only one in the house that has not gotten sick. Monty has been home from work the last 2 days and we have not been doing school. Everyone is feeling better now so things should be getting back to normal tomorrow. I can not say with 100% certainty that we have had the swine flu because we did not go to the doctor but I am about 99% sure that is what it was. My cousin goes to school with my brother John and my good friend's daughter, Gabby. My cousin did go to the doctor and she DID have swine flu. Gabby and her brother also went to the doctor and they DID have swine flu. John is at my house every morning before school and most days after school and he got sick. My friend and her children are at my house about every other day and they also go to church with us. With 3 confirmed cases of swine flu happening at the same time my kids and husband and my mom and brother and sister all got sick, well...you do the math. I am here to say that the news has really put a scare into people that is soooo not necessary! We had about 2 days with a fever, some headaches, a little nausea and then everyone was fine. It is not even as bad as the few times we have all gotten the regular flu in the past. There is a little bit of a lingering cough and I was told the swine flu attacks the respiratory system, but-Praise the Lord- it doesn't seem like anything too severe. I am so ready to get back into the groove of things. I am so ready to get back to church!! Tomorrow we are gonna start a new day and get back to the books. I am starting to wonder if we will ever be able to finish a full year of curriculum this year. So far we have gotten in one full week of school before something happens and we have to miss a few days just to be able to do one week again and then miss again. At this point we may have no Christmas break or spring breaks and maybe not even a summer break. I am so thankful for homeschooling because at this point my kids would have racked up so much homework that they would never be able to catch back up to a classroom full of kids that had to move along without them.

No comments:

 
Site Meter