Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What to do....

A friend stopped by on Saturday and she was on her way to take her kids to the park. She wanted to see if our kids could go with them. At first I said sure but quickly remembered that my 6 year old was still in a cast and every park in town has sand under the play area. Kalysa has had lots of casts before and there have been times that upon removal, piles of sand have fallen out but this time there is an incision under there as well. An incision that we have never seen. I don't know exactly where it is or how big or if it is healing good or not. All I could picture is a cast full of sand acting like sand paper for the next 2 days and rubbing the surgery spot open creating a gaping, bleeding, nasty hole in her leg. I can't deprive my baby girl of a day at the park when we have started having fewer and fewer nice park playin days anyway. So, what to do.........


Grab a bag from a left over Sunday newspaper and the duck tape!! Duck tape fixes everything, right?! I put the bag over her cast and reinforced it with plenty of tape around the toe to ensure the bag did not rip and let the sand in. Then I tucked the bag around the top of the cast and taped it to her leg. There ya go! One perfectly sealed leg!
And one happy girl that gets to run and play in the sand with no worries!!

1 comment:

Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

Every cool plan there! My son is having surgery on both of his feet tomorrow so both of them will be in a cast.

 
Site Meter