Saturday, February 21, 2009

Date Night-well actually it was during the day.

Today was date day. This was no ordinary date. It all started with a date between Kenyon and his daddy. Monty took Kenyon to "Monster Jam" monster truck rally. Kenyon has been wanting to go to that since he was about 2 years old. We had taken him to a hockey game when he was younger and he hated it because it was soooo loud, we just weren't sure that he would enjoy the loud trucks before now. Well he is older now and he is not so sensitive to loud noises so they finally went. We did not tell Kenyon anything about it. He had no idea where he was going but he was just excited to be getting to spend the day alone with his dad. When they got to the ford center and saw the signs for the monster jam at the ticket booth, Monty called me and said Kenyon just realized what they were about to see and was acting like he has never had any home trainin. He just could not contain himself! When they made it home, Kenyon informed me that he had just had the best day of his life. He gave me some of the details...."....FREESTYLE WAS THE BEST.....they were REAL LOUD so I held my ears at the beginning...hot dog and popcorn and Cotton candy...JUMPS AND FLIPS!...MOTORCYLCES CAME OUT...Blue Thunder won the race....grave digger...backward bob drives backwards....ninja turtle...I WANT TO GO TO THE NATIONAL FINALS IN LAS VEGAS!!" That is really all I caught of everything he was telling me so I am sure you can make at least as much sense out of that as I did.

Well since the boys were gone for the day, us girls had a day to ourselves. We were supposed to be going to my Grandma's house to help her get some things organized(Her husband passed away about 2 weeks ago) but she was out with her sister leaving us to ourselves so we went bowling. I don't know that the girls have ever bowled before-well maybe at a birthday party- but they used the ramp to push the ball down. Well Jacinta is on a league so mom was there watching her go she joined in on our game. Both girls did really well. We did not use the ramp but did have the bumpers up. I think mom and I did pretty good to since I have not bowled in about 5 years. I ended up winning with a whopping 82(thanks in part to the bumpers). Mom came in second with 78(she used the bumpers a few times more than me) then Kalysa with 74 (even with a cast on one leg) and Keslee had 64. It was a lot of fun. Everyone had a good day but next date day I am hoping for my chance to go out with daddy!!

No comments:

 
Site Meter