Top 10 reasons to be a faithful church member (taken from my notes as presented by Pastor Brad Lowrie)
- 1.As we see in Hebrew 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is: but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Going to church(assembling together) is not an option but a command to be obeyed. You can't be obedient while sitting at home during church.
- 2. Faithful attendance ensures a good testimony and unfaithful attendance affects others negatively. Your life speaks louder than words. Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Don't pray that your kids will live for God and be faithful adults if you choose other things over church-why would our kids do something different?
- 3. The Lord promised to be with us when we assemble. When you are not in church you miss out on the Lord's special presence. We know He has promised to be there so why would we not choose to meet Him there?
- 4.You can not be submitted to the Lord's will and fully obedient to Him if you are not a faithful member of a Bible believing church.
- 5.Ephesians 5:25 Husbands. love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Jesus LOVES the church. He loves it so much that He gave Himself for the church. If Jesus loves the church that much, there should be no reason for us not to want to be there. Through the church, Christ acts and without it He can not.
- 6.Church is God's center for discipline and direction. We all need direction in our lives from the Lord and church is the place that God has set up for us to receive it.
- 7.Your church NEEDS you. We (local members) are a part of each other and we love each other and need each other. 1Corinthians 12:26 says And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. When you miss church you discourage other members. It only took 10 men to discourage the entire population and prevent them from entering into the promised land. Just like our own body-every member has a purpose even if we are not sure of what it is. There are many parts of our body that we can live without but anytime something is removed or not functioning, our live is not as good. As a member of our local church, we are a member of that body of believers and when one member suffers the whole body suffers.
- 8.Church is the safest place you can be. When you are not in church it is very easy to be deceived. The Bible believing church is the pillar and ground of the truth.
- 9.Church is God's designated vehicle of service. Romans 12:4-8 For as we have many member in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another, Differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching: Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth with diligence; he that showeth mercy, with cheerfulness.
- 10. JESUS IS COMING BACK!! Imagine sitting in a boat out on a peaceful lake with your fishing pole in hand just relaxing and enjoying the cool breeze and the fresh Sunday morning air when He arrives. How will you explain THEN why you are not in church. When you consistently choose to do another thing instead of being in church you are bowing down to another God. You may still be able to say that Jesus Christ is your saviour but you can not say that He is the Lord of your life.
This message just really made a lot of things clear for me and I thought I would share it with you. I pray that you also have a loving and faithful church family that is as much a blessing to you as my wonderful church family is to my family; and an awesome preacher -like my own-that is not afraid or ashamed to preach the true Word of God straight from the Bible without apology and without watering it down a bit before the service. Have a blessed weekend and be sure to be in church!