Thursday, September 17, 2009

What would you have?

This week we had revival meetings at church. It started on Sunday morning and was completed last night. On Monday night and Tuesday morning we also had a preachers meeting thrown into the mix so there were about 40-60 preachers and their families there for special preaching and we provided meals for them as well. And of course there is still the paper route that I do every night/morning from about 4 am to 6 am. Last week, the kids and I spent almost every day/evening helping a friend and her 3 children move into their new apartment-in the rain! Needless to say, I haven't had much extra time to check in here on blog land and I am EXHAUSTED! I have to spend today and tomorrow (and probably part of the weekend and -who knows-maybe the rest of the year cause it is really bad) getting my home back in order after so many days of running like crazy folks and feeling as if we have just been stopping in on our own house for a few minutes here and there. I just thought I would stop in and challenge you all with the challenge Brother Barber gave us all last night. He preached to the preacher about his responsibilities to the church and then preached to us members about our responsibilities to the preacher. Then he preached to us all about our responsibilities as Christians and members of our church.

So are you doing everything you should be and could be doing for the Lord in your local church?

If everyone in your church was just like you, what kind of church would you have?

I KNOW!!! NOT A FAIR QUESTION AND VERY CONVICTING, HUH?

No comments:

 
Site Meter