Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Top 10 reasons to be a faithful church member (taken from my notes as presented by Pastor Brad Lowrie)
- 1.As we see in Hebrew 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is: but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Going to church(assembling together) is not an option but a command to be obeyed. You can't be obedient while sitting at home during church.
- 2. Faithful attendance ensures a good testimony and unfaithful attendance affects others negatively. Your life speaks louder than words. Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Don't pray that your kids will live for God and be faithful adults if you choose other things over church-why would our kids do something different?
- 3. The Lord promised to be with us when we assemble. When you are not in church you miss out on the Lord's special presence. We know He has promised to be there so why would we not choose to meet Him there?
- 4.You can not be submitted to the Lord's will and fully obedient to Him if you are not a faithful member of a Bible believing church.
- 5.Ephesians 5:25 Husbands. love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Jesus LOVES the church. He loves it so much that He gave Himself for the church. If Jesus loves the church that much, there should be no reason for us not to want to be there. Through the church, Christ acts and without it He can not.
- 6.Church is God's center for discipline and direction. We all need direction in our lives from the Lord and church is the place that God has set up for us to receive it.
- 7.Your church NEEDS you. We (local members) are a part of each other and we love each other and need each other. 1Corinthians 12:26 says And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. When you miss church you discourage other members. It only took 10 men to discourage the entire population and prevent them from entering into the promised land. Just like our own body-every member has a purpose even if we are not sure of what it is. There are many parts of our body that we can live without but anytime something is removed or not functioning, our live is not as good. As a member of our local church, we are a member of that body of believers and when one member suffers the whole body suffers.
- 8.Church is the safest place you can be. When you are not in church it is very easy to be deceived. The Bible believing church is the pillar and ground of the truth.
- 9.Church is God's designated vehicle of service. Romans 12:4-8 For as we have many member in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another, Differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching: Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth with diligence; he that showeth mercy, with cheerfulness.
- 10. JESUS IS COMING BACK!! Imagine sitting in a boat out on a peaceful lake with your fishing pole in hand just relaxing and enjoying the cool breeze and the fresh Sunday morning air when He arrives. How will you explain THEN why you are not in church. When you consistently choose to do another thing instead of being in church you are bowing down to another God. You may still be able to say that Jesus Christ is your saviour but you can not say that He is the Lord of your life.
This message just really made a lot of things clear for me and I thought I would share it with you. I pray that you also have a loving and faithful church family that is as much a blessing to you as my wonderful church family is to my family; and an awesome preacher -like my own-that is not afraid or ashamed to preach the true Word of God straight from the Bible without apology and without watering it down a bit before the service. Have a blessed weekend and be sure to be in church!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
This is my dad's weinie dog, Cash. He usually goes on the truck with my dad but when they are in town, Cash stays at our house because he will not stay in the yard at dad's. I discovered the reason it is so hard to keep this boy in the yard. He is a good digger by nature and is quick to dig under the fence. I see now that he is making plans to go Over the fence as well. I went outside to find Cash sitting in the tree and looking over the fence.
You may not be able to tell, but he is about 5-6 feet off the ground. Several times throughout the day I noticed Cash back up the tree and doing his best to get higher each time. When he is finished with each attempt he just runs right back down. This is just the funniest thing! I never expected to go outside and see a little 9 pound dog climbing trees.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
After all the fun we had being creative and making up stories, we moved on to science. Kenyon and Jacinta are using My Father's World and will be studying history from the creation to the Greeks. Our science lessons begin where the Lord began-light. As we learned the different properties of light and how our eyes see things, Kenyon was still in his creative, goofy, giggly mood and stated that he could do the same thing that God did. He happened to be sitting right next to the light switch and he flipped it to off. I told him that he should never claim to be able to do what God does because God started with nothing and he needed to turn the light switch back on. As he flipped the light switch to on, he said "LET THERE BE LIGHT". Right then we heard a POP and the light bulb went out. It was soooo hilarious! The look on Kenyon's face was priceless as he looked up at the dark bulb and realized that Lord was here and just let him know that NO, HE CAN NOT DO THE SAME THING GOD DID! Kenyon immediately repented and apologized to the Lord for claiming he could do what HE did and we all thanked the Lord for using a kitchen light bulb to remind us who we are and who HE is. It was definitely a lesson that will not be soon forgotten and one I would never have been able to teach them myself. Who ever said the Lord doesn't have a since of humor? He sure had us all cracking up for hours!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
This is why I LOVE HOMESCHOOLING!!!
So are you doing everything you should be and could be doing for the Lord in your local church?
If everyone in your church was just like you, what kind of church would you have?
I KNOW!!! NOT A FAIR QUESTION AND VERY CONVICTING, HUH?
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Strike up the choir
A sinner was saved
Saved from the fire.......
This past weekend, our church had a free kids carnival in an effort to grow the bus ministry. We have several kids that ride the bus to and from Sunday service and the bus ministry has resulted in several families that now attend our church regularly and parents that have gotten saved as a result. Our preacher knows another preacher that has a ministry of providing the games for a carnival. It started out inside the church and the children all sang a few songs and then were presented with a clear presentation of the Gospel message. We had almost all of the children that normally come to church and lots of visitors from around the area. There were probably about 200 people in attendance. After the carnival, one little girl, that has been coming to our church with her mother and siblings for quite some time, told her mom that she knew she needed to get saved but was scared to say anything during the presentation. Her mom took her to talk to Ms. Connie, our preacher's wife, and she showed her in the Bible what Jesus did for her on the cross and how she could accept His gift of salvation. ADDY GOT SAVED! She came forward on Sunday morning to share her news with the rest of the church and now our preacher is talking to and teaching her about baptism being the next step in obedience to the Lord. Hallelujah!! The value of ONE soul saved from hell is so great "All Heaven's Rejoicing!" The carnival was a great success and the seeds were planted in many others.
Here are some photos of some of the fun!!!
Austin sitting in the flush tank. This was sooo fun. The kids had to throw a ball at a target and when it was hit, water dumped out onto the person sitting on the potty chair. Our preacher took the seat for a while and the line was quite long while he was there. He did not escape dry! :)
Here is Keslee standing behind the screen. Kids threw soaked spongy balls at the screen, splattering her with water. She was pretty drenched by the end of things.
On this one, kids had to throw a bean bag frog onto the lilly pads.
This is like the Price is Right game- Plinko.
The games were set up in a big circle in the front lawn of our church.
Our preacher also had a local fire department stop by with a few trucks and they were a BIG hit. The kids all got a color book about fire safety and got to play in, on and around the truck. They also got to see all the equipment like the firefighters uniforms, hats, oxygen tanks, and the jaws of life.
Kenyon spent most of his time in the driver's seat. He wanted his sisters to see what it was like so he invited them to sit with him but he sure wasn't getting out for them. :)
All the kids had a great time and most ended up with a sack full of candy and prizes. I spent my day painting faces and Monty was at the put-put golf game so our kids were able to play the games on their own. When it was over, I noticed that the girls did not have a bag of candy and asked if they had played many games. Keslee said, "No mom, we did not come to play the games. This is our church and our carnival and we were here to help." It really warmed my heart to see that my girls had so much fun giving to others. The day was not all about them and what they could get but what they were able to give to others. They did not feel cheated for not getting a bag full of goodies. They did play in the fire truck and jump on the big jumpy thingy and Keslee got her face painted so it wasn't all work. :)