Monday, March 1, 2010

Blueberry sauce



I could not decide if the photo on the black plate or the white plate did this dish the most justice so I just posted them both!

I have been given some blueberries. Lots and Lots of blueberries. I have made blueberry pancakes and blueberry muffins and have plans to make some blueberry jelly. This weekend I started making pancakes before I thought about the blueberries in the freezer so I started searching www.allrecipes.com. I found a simple recipe for a blueberry sauce and decided to give it a try. WOW!! It was amazing! If I can find a steady supply of inexpensive blueberries for the rest of my life I would never have a need for syrup again! Here is all ya do....

1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbs corn starch
1/3 cup water
2 cup blueberry

Mix sugar and corn starch in a saucepan. slowly add water and mix well. add blueberries and cook on medium heat stirring often. When it comes to a boil, boil for about 1 minute while stirring.

That's it!! I told ya it was simple. You can add more cornstarch to make a thicker sauce for toppings like on a cheesecake or less cornstarch for a syrupy sauce. Trust me-this stuff is DELICIOUS!

No comments:

 
Site Meter