Saturday, October 18, 2008

A GOOD DAY FOR GARAGE SALES!







I never go to garage sales and I guess this weekend is exactly the reason why. It all started today when mom called with the most exciting news!! She was at a garage sale a block from my house and had found an SRA set. In case you do not know what that is, it is a reading labratory that has 12 cards per color and 12 colors in all. Each card has a story and then you answer a set of questions. Each time you finish a color you move on to the next color which is a harder level. It really works on reading and reading comprehension. When I was in elementary school, we did SRAs and they were my absolute favorite thing. I have often told mom that I wish my kids could do them but they no longer use them in schools(the revised set came out in 1960) and I never guessed I could have my own set. Anyway, mom called to say she found them and I walked down there to verify it really was the same thing. When I got there I saw a beautiful chair that would do great as a desk chair for the desk that is finally usable since I rearranged the living room. It was marked $20 and I am sure it was worth every penny. Next I look up and sitting on the porch is a gorgeous solid oak table for $45. My kitchen table has one leg that has about had it and I wonder each day, as we do school around it, it this will be the day that it falls. I borrowed mom's cell and called Monty to see if I could spend about $50. He oked it so I asked the man if he would take $50 for both instead of $65. He said he would take $55 so we had a deal. I am so excited! I just asked God yesterday or the day before for a chair I can use at that desk. GOD IS GOOD! To celebrate our great day.......

I made MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE!!! YUUUMMMM!

No comments:

 
Site Meter